Boulder >Brewing Market
The coffee is just OK, what kills this place is the employees, "coffee nazis" another reviewer called them and I couldn't agree more. There's a female, black haired barista with glasses "Jen" who's a real gem, all attitude and no service. Another dark haired female made me wait over five minutes for a coffee with no explanation while there were no other customers in the place, and then handed me cup that was so beat up that a lid wouldn't fit on top. Apparently the employees also get to make up whatever hours of operation suites them. I guess they don't need tips or return customers. And don't forget the in-fighting among employees in front of customers. The place used to be ok but there have been shifts in the staff that just make it intolerable. My money's going elsewhere.
Bad attitude, bad coffee.
Stale and burnt coffee combined with rude, even hostile service make this the last place on Pearl Street you should ever go for coffee.
Rules for the Coffee Nazis:
1) If they recognize someone as a regular, he or she will be served next regardless of how long others have waited in line. I think you can become a regular by donating 20 or more krugerands to their widows and orphans fund, but it's unclear.
2) They have bagels and muffins, but don't order one as you'll provoke a hysteria of confusion.
3) Are you a regular? I'm not sure I want to speak to you... Well, I guess if there's no one cool here I recognize, I can unsmilingly take...your...order.
4) Eek, it's the two grim guys working there. If I order wrong, they look like they might start a fight.
5) Sigh, it's the two bespectacled girls working there. Here comes the attitude and the chunky, burnt coffee.
I've worked next door for a year now and have made over fifty visits, so this isn't a one-off opinion. I would love for this to be my local coffee shop, but it's just unpleasant all around, and on their best day the coffee is just meh. Never again.
Great coffee shop to do work at!.
Calling all java junkies. Brewing Market coffee, the newest addition to the Basemar center, is just what South Boulder needed. From the brothers who brought you Allegro coffee, (sound familiar Whole Foodies?) comes this specialty coffee shop. Here, quality demands are high and fresh roasted brews are a must.
For the rest of this review, go to: SoStyley dotcom
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!