Boulder >Akiyma Sushi Bar & Grill
Some of the Best Sushi period. I have eaten here many times icluding taking a lot of customers. Never had anyone who doesn't love it!
Worst customer service!!.
We had the worst Valentine?s Day at Akiyama. We made reservations a week in advance. When we arrived at the restaurant, it was clear we didn?t need to make reservations because there was plenty of seating. Little did we know that despite the available tables, there was not enough experienced waiters working at the restaurant.
Once we were seated , everything went downhill from there.
- Our waiter forgot to give us our sushi menu. Um?.isn?t this suppose to be a sushi restaurant?
- After waiting 10 minutes for our menu, it took another 15 minutes before we finally got fed up and asked any waiter to serve us because our waiter wouldn?t even come anywhere near our section.
- The waiter took our order and comp our sake. But I ordered a glass of wine and it took 10 minutes after my husband was served his sake before I got my drink.
- Then after waiting 20 minutes, my husband was served his food. I ordered only sushi, so I waited. This was Valentine?s Day. It seems the restaurant didn?t understand the couple were there to enjoy a meal together, no separately.
- My husband ordered sesame chicken, which he didn?t enjoy because it was soggy. He only ate because he was starving and I thought my food would be coming soon. After all, I only ordered raw fish, not a cooked meal.
- Again I got fed up and went up to the waiter and asked him why my order was ready when my husband was pretty much done with his meal. He said it would check and I could tell the sushi makers had missed my order all together.
- He came to me and said it would be ready in 15 minutes!!! This was 25 minutes after my husband had his meal! It was clear they overlooked my order and were only making it now.
- I told him I wanted our check because I was starving and I just had enough. The waiter had the nerve to still give us a check. He said he didn?t include our drinks. But who cares! We had soggy sesame chicken and the worst service ever!
Clearly these owners don?t know how to run a restaurant!
Akiyami delicious sushi in north boulder. I heard a few people talking about akiyama in gunbarrel and decided to give it a try. it was hard to decide what to order - their list of special rolls all sounded good. i decided on a spicy salmon tempura roll with asparagus and chef sauce. i also got the king crab narutto which had hunks of fresh king crab wrapped with avocado and tobiko, in a light cucumber wrap. they were presented so beautifully but most important - the combination was delicious and fresh. oh - and i got the agedashi tofu which was by light, crisp and just the right size pieces - the best version of this dish i've had anywhere. also tried a cold sake at the recommendation of the waiter - wow! i left full and happy and will definitely go back.
We love Akiyama!. I've never written a review before but we had such a great experience at Akiyama that I just want to share with hopes that others will give them a try. Everything about Akiyama is quality. The sushi is beautifully prepared and absolutely fresh. Our kids always find non-sushi items that they enjoy and they especially love the Japanese sodas with the marbles that pop into the bottle. The wait staff is attentive and thoughtful and just make every visit special. Excellent food, great service, relaxed feel (good music helps), and kid friendly. Highly recommeded!
Best sushi in the Boulder area.
Best sushi in the Boulder area, with competent servers, friendly management, and most importantly, fresh & delicious fish. Each time I've visited, there are unique and creative new items on the daily specials list, so it'll take awhile to try everything you'd like on their menu. A great "problem" to have!
The delightful atmosphere of Akiyama adds to the fine dining, with tasteful decor, candlelight, and jazz music playing for your enjoyment. I look forward to my next visit!
Editorial Review. Sushi restaurant offers fresh fish, live music and cold sake.
a lovely dinner. I just came back from a lovely dinner at Akiyama. This was my first time there after having it recommended by so many people. The food from the kitchen and the sushi bar were delicious. It was crowded but we didn?t have to wait for a table and the service was well-paced. They have a good wine list but I decided to try cold sake for the first time. I had the server make a recommendation which I thoroughly enjoyed. Well done, I?ll definitely return to Akiyama the next time I crave Japanese food!
best sushi in Boulder!. I never thought I?d ever find myself so attached to a restaurant (or any business for that matter), however, Akiyama is so wonderful in so many ways that we actually eat there 2 or 3 times a week! Naturally, when it comes to sushi, fresh fish is key. Akiyama combines fresh fish with elaborate, ?too beautiful to eat? presentations and if you?re not in the mood for raw fish, try something from their kitchen menu. Their tempura (I?m usually not a big fan of fried food in general) is light and tasty. They also make a delightful teriyaki sauce which I?ve enjoyed with both chicken and sliced beef. If you go for lunch, it?s crowded but the service is relatively fast. Dinner is what I prefer?it?s so comfortable eating at Akiyama that we often stay for many hours even after we?re too full to take another bite. The decor is lovely, wonderful jazz music in the background (they also have live jazz, although they don?t seem to have a regular schedule), and the waitstaff is attentive and charming. Also worth mentioning is their small, but well chosen wine list as well as their selection of cold sake and beer. Being in Northeast Boulder/Gunbarrel, it?s still a bit of a secret with the regular Boulder dining crowd, however, that seems to be rapidly changing?do yourself a favor, try Akiyama tonight. I?ve yet to meet anyone who doesn?t absolutely love it. I better stop here, I?m starting to sound like a commercial. If you haven?t guessed by now, I highly recommend Akiyama Sushi Bar and Grill!!!
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!